Friday, September 21, 2007

From Wendy Oden...

Prayer Request:
Please continue to pray for Allan, the person I talked about inLife Group this past Sunday. The devil is at work. We have talkedeveryday this week, and I really thought that I had made progressuntil this morning. He came to me about something. To much to go onabout in an email, but Satan can be so very subtle. Allen is anevolutionist. Now he is trying to convince me, but in a veryinteresting way. He knows that I love to read so he gave me a copy ofa science fiction novel today. Did you pick up on the fact that I saidFiction. He told me that this book is real. I have not told youexactly who he is, but Allan has a huge effect on a large group ofpeople.

I have been praying constantly for the Lord to use me in this situation. I have been praying for Allan and everyone around him and involved. IREALIZED THIS MORNING THAT HE HAS BEEN WORKING JUST AS HARD TO COME UPWITH A WAY TO SHARE HIS BELIEFS AND IN SUCH A WAY THAT MOST PEOPLEWOULD NOT REALIZE WHAT HE WAS DOING. This is what makes me nervous. Ihave always heard about how satan can squirm his way in unnoticed by so many, but I have never witnessed it personally in this manner. I thank the Lord that He is opening my eyes to notice what Allan is doing. Please continue to pray for him and me in this battle.

Thank you, Wendy Oden

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

I have never met Allen but I assume that he is a nice guy who claims to love and care for everyone he meets. This is where you can work with him. Science cannot explain the origin of love or any emotion for that manner. It is not an adaptation is something that evolved over eons. But, scientifically, for it to exist it must have an origin. Therefore is there is no scientific basis for its origin then there must be some other explanation, could it be God?

In science there is always a cause and effect. So if we are did originate from a big bang, what (or who) made the spark to cause the explosion? Science has not figured that one out either, but we have;)!

I know he will have some seminar based statement to counter this position, but keep taking him back to the beginning of the universe and make him empirically prove to you how the universe began.

"To be sure, the doctrine of a personal God interfering with natural events could never be refuted ... by science, for [it] can always take refuge in those domains in which scientific knowledge has not yet been able to set foot." (Einstein, Albert (1940), "On Science and Religion", )

Also read:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1607298,00.html