Thursday, October 30, 2008

from allison mcgee

"Today" (this was monday...) "I went to George Elementary School to Mrs. Brasfields class (1st grade) and hosted their Fall party for our lifegroup. They were so sweet and appreciative. I also gave two prizes away one boy prize and one girl prize (it was hello kitty and spongebob electric toothbrushes and both a pumpkin flashlight) I told the class I was a "Dental Hygienist" and asked if anyone knew what I did at work everyday as a dental hygienist and then asked if they know how many teeth they had and gave out the two prizes and then gave them instructions about their oral health. Kim Sims the one helps us going to George told me to see if our lifegroup class would contribute money towards the party I gave. I spent $75. I made cupcakes, punch and treat bags. I also had strawberries and cheese puffs. I was helping the 3 years old this Sunday and forgot to tell Geno to collect money, but if you would post the party and ask to bring money next Sunday that would be great!!!!!
allison"

so, class, come this week prepared to give, again! i know that there are several things we have been giving to lately, but consider it a blessing that we are able to give!

don't forget, too, to be working on your SHOE BOXES!!! if our class JUST did our part, it would be almost 20% of the entire goal!!!!

be praying, too, about giving to the children's night at Christmas. we are going to start taking up money so that when the time gets here, we will have it ready!

i will post this week's prayer requests tonight - i'm sorry that i didn't do it sunday afternoon.

No comments: